Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OPENING .PPTX File"This document not in powerpoint format"

Hi, I am new and am hoping somebody can help me. I received a file a couple of hours ago from a friend who uses Microsoft Power Point, I have a presentation in the morning.

I have downloaded the file, it is .pptx. When I click on it to open it it in Keynote I get an error message that tells me "The document is not in Powerpoint Format." No matter what I try to get this to open it will not. I have a Mac Book Air running v:10.8.3 with the latest version of Keynote.

Would anyone be able to offer me help or suggestions? Here is a DropBox link to the PPT. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcj1ivb9qucr5j0/Sunless%20101%20Course%20-%202013%20-% 20Hedlux%20-%20v16.pptx I have opened hundreds of .pptx files in Keynote and this is the first issue I have ever had.

Thank you in advance for any help that anyone can give me.

Riley

Keynote-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 6:10 AM

Your PowerPoint file runs OK on my machine. I can think of a number of issues that are causing the file not to open.

However, what I would do, as you have little time to problem solve this issue, is playback the presentation in Open Office. This application is freeware its used by many government departments and universities in every country of the world. I use it daily in place of Microsoft Office.

Download it here:

Open Office for Mac

Change the security setting for this download only as the Mac OS settings prevent all downloads except those from the App Store, once downloaded, you can change it back:

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2013 6:10 AM in response to Riley McLane

Your PowerPoint file runs OK on my machine. I can think of a number of issues that are causing the file not to open.

However, what I would do, as you have little time to problem solve this issue, is playback the presentation in Open Office. This application is freeware its used by many government departments and universities in every country of the world. I use it daily in place of Microsoft Office.

Download it here:

Open Office for Mac

Change the security setting for this download only as the Mac OS settings prevent all downloads except those from the App Store, once downloaded, you can change it back:

User uploaded file

OPENING .PPTX File"This document not in powerpoint format"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.