Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I display songs in 'recently added' in order of download?

I have noticed that the configuration on the newer upgrades of ITunes don't automatically show which track I downloaded last. They show in alphabetical order. How do I change that to time sequence? Tried iTunes preferences but that doesn't allow me to do that. The list in the window only gives me limited choice of how I want the list to order.

And while I'm asking, how do I get the downloads to automatically show in iTunes after I have downloaded them. At the moment I have to transfer each download manually into iTunes music - tedious to say the least. Before one of the last versions of iTunes the downloads automatically moved into iTunes after downloading.

All help appreciated! 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2013 2:43 AM

OK, found this out after all. It took someone very helpful in technical support, so here it is.

For some reason, regular updating can change the choices you have made in Preferences. So it is useful to check that everything is still the way you want it when the computer has updated itself. For iTunes that means,

1. Go into Preferences

2. Make sure the box is ticked that says automatically download safe files (this ensures that downloaded music is automatically put into iTunes)

To order the songs according to your preferences, go into the folder you want to order, right click on the bar above the songe titles (where it says, title, album, etc). Choose from the dropdown menue the whatever you want to use for ordering your files.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2013 2:43 AM in response to ravenowl

OK, found this out after all. It took someone very helpful in technical support, so here it is.

For some reason, regular updating can change the choices you have made in Preferences. So it is useful to check that everything is still the way you want it when the computer has updated itself. For iTunes that means,

1. Go into Preferences

2. Make sure the box is ticked that says automatically download safe files (this ensures that downloaded music is automatically put into iTunes)

To order the songs according to your preferences, go into the folder you want to order, right click on the bar above the songe titles (where it says, title, album, etc). Choose from the dropdown menue the whatever you want to use for ordering your files.

May 2, 2013 3:24 AM in response to ravenowl

ravenowl wrote:

I have noticed that the configuration on the newer upgrades of ITunes don't automatically show which track I downloaded last. They show in alphabetical order. How do I change that to time sequence? Tried iTunes preferences but that doesn't allow me to do that. The list in the window only gives me limited choice of how I want the list to order.

In the playlist in iTunes switch to Song view. Pull down View > View Options and select the option for "date added." Close the window, then in the iTunes browse click that column to sort on it.

How do I display songs in 'recently added' in order of download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.