Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook presets and watermarking?

Hello i am wondering on howto post picture to facebook with watermark preset from the export menu?

No i do not want to first export my picture to a folder then reimport them and then publish to FB.

I am sur i will takes minute to develop this function.

Maybe it is written somewhere in the FB rules that you can't put copyright on your picture.

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 8:54 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2013 10:18 AM in response to mco4684

That is tricky - Facebook albums are synced, not exported. So I doubt, that the modification would be as simply as you are hoping. But write a feature request to Apple: Apple - Aperture - Feedback

If you really need your watermark on FB photos, why not create watermarked versions with the BorderFX plugin?You can use it as an edit plug-in, not only as an export plug-in: BorderFX - BorderFX

Léonie

Apr 28, 2013 1:10 PM in response to léonie

Léonie

Since the image are sent to FB (or as you say syncced) when syncing the album it might be possible to add a watermark.

I could use that plug-in but i think this will increase my library size.

I had already posted this and some other to the aperture dev team. But i never got any response from them. 😢

Apr 28, 2013 1:43 PM in response to mco4684

Since the image are sent to FB (or as you say syncced) when syncing the album it might be possible to add a watermark.

Sure, Aperture could add the watermark when uploading. But then it would have to keep the image with watermark anyway in your library, to be able to compare it to the current Facebook version when syncing with Facebook.

I could use that plug-in but i think this will increase my library size.

The library size would be the same, if you could send watermarked versions to Facebook, the watermarked image version would be stored in your library as the current facebook album.

The Apple Developer Teams rarely answer to feedback, but I am sure it is read by Apple.

Facebook presets and watermarking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.