Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone restore

Updated my iPhone 4, had 1000 photos on my photostream now after restore I only have 44 photos?? Help!

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 1:16 PM

9 replies

Apr 28, 2013 2:49 PM in response to Reg Irwin

Photo stream only keeps photos from the last 30 days. Older photos are deleted from photo stream but will remain (up to 1000 photos) on your device until deleted (such as by restoring it).

Your backup will included your camera roll photos. If the missing photos were in your camera roll when you last backed up, restoring the backup should recover them.

To keep all your photos, save your photo stream photos to your camera roll (if not already there) by opening your my photo stream album, tap Edit, tap all the photos, tap Share, tap Save to Camera Roll. Then import them to your computer along with your other camera roll photos as explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083.

Apr 29, 2013 12:05 PM in response to Reg Irwin

One last thought....

If you have been syncing with iTunes, you might want to check to see if you have an older backup on your computer that may contain at least some of these photos while they were still in the camera roll (all photo stream photos were in the camera roll at one time unless added to photo stream from another device). Open iTunes and go to Preferences>Devices and check the Backups list. If you have an older backup that may include some of these photos while they were in the camera roll, you could then create a new iCloud backup to save your data as it is now, then resore the iTunes backup, import the recovered photos to your computer, then restore to your iCloud backup to return the current data to your phone.

iPhone restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.