Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every .dmg file I download is "damaged"

I've tried to install the newest java update, Pro Tools 10.3.4, Norton Antivirus for Mac, and a few others, and I have the same problem with all disk images downloaded from the internet. When I double click on the dmg file, it opens it, and I can see the contents. When I click on the installer files, I get an error message that says that the disk image is damaged and I need to eject it. Old disk images that I open work fine, but the fresh downloads are all giving me this error.

OSX 10.8.3 / Disk Utility / Safari-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 3:02 PM

If right clicking the installer does not bring up a sub menu allowing you to select open, check your Gatekeeper settings. You may need to change them.

Side note: There are no viruses for OSX. No need for virus software. Especially, any from Nortons. You should trash it and get your $$$ back if you paid for it.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2013 3:02 PM in response to Cortaudio

If right clicking the installer does not bring up a sub menu allowing you to select open, check your Gatekeeper settings. You may need to change them.

Side note: There are no viruses for OSX. No need for virus software. Especially, any from Nortons. You should trash it and get your $$$ back if you paid for it.

User uploaded file

Apr 28, 2013 4:26 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Yep, it was gatekeeper. I swear I had set that to allow any application, but maybe it was reset when I updated to 10.8.3? Who knows. Thanks for that. I actually got the Norton because I thought the issue may have been a virus since I had just started running parallels with windows 7. Maybe I should ask for my money back or get norton on my windows side. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Every .dmg file I download is "damaged"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.