Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suppressing page numbers

Hi,

I created a document that must contain page numbers, but the first two pages are not allowed to have page numbers showing. The third page should appear as page iii. I have searched through the Pages '09 information online, as well as just fooled around with the document hoping that I'd discover how to do, but haven't been able to figure it out. 'Any suggestions?

Thank you So Much!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 5:10 PM

Enter a section break at the end of page 2.

Edit the header on page 2 to what you want on the first two pages.

Click on page 3.

Open the Inspector and choose the Layout Inspector (second button).

Click Section.

Uncheck the box beside Use previous headers.

Set Page Numbers to Start at 3

Right click on the page number (in the header) and choose "i, ii, iii" from the popup menu.

Done.

Use a similar process on the last page of the section you want to use lower case Roman numerals, and the first page whre you want Arabic numerals.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2013 5:10 PM in response to Oothoon

Enter a section break at the end of page 2.

Edit the header on page 2 to what you want on the first two pages.

Click on page 3.

Open the Inspector and choose the Layout Inspector (second button).

Click Section.

Uncheck the box beside Use previous headers.

Set Page Numbers to Start at 3

Right click on the page number (in the header) and choose "i, ii, iii" from the popup menu.

Done.

Use a similar process on the last page of the section you want to use lower case Roman numerals, and the first page whre you want Arabic numerals.

Regards,

Barry

Apr 28, 2013 5:15 PM in response to Oothoon

Starting and stopping page numbering, and other Header and Footer content, is done with respect to Section boundaries. If you Insert > Section Break at the end of the second page, you will then be able to change the Header and Footer content on the first two pages without affecting what happens on page three and beyond.

Jerry

Edit: I see that Barry was ahead of me on this one. So, I'll just add that you can read about Sections beginning on page 59 of the Pages User Guide. The guide is free and can be downloaded from the Help menu.

Jerry

Suppressing page numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.