Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad (3rd Gen) and Apple Smart Cover problem.

Recently I've noticed that where the Smart Cover and iPad meet the metal on the iPad is rubbing off. I've talked to some of my friends who also use the iPad and Smart Cover combination but none of them seem to be having the same problem as I am. I mean, it kind of frustrates me that Apples own Smart Cover is causing the damage to an iPad which I paid 700+ dollars for. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem I'm having. Thank you.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 6:22 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2013 8:49 AM in response to bniedzj

Could it be that you put your iPad into some special situation that your friends' iPads do not encounter? Perhaps use in a messenger bag that flexes in such a way to drag the Smart Cover and the iPad in opposite directions when you walk or pedal?

Like sberman, I have the cover and do not have the problem you describe.

Apr 30, 2013 5:21 PM in response to markwmsn

I mostly use my iPad at home so it's rarely put into a messenger bag or something along those lines. I noticed it when I took the cover off and saw that the metal wore away in a certain spot. I looked at the smart cover which had some dark marks and sure enough it lined up with the marks on the iPad. I'm not rough with it by any means, I take very good care of it.

iPad (3rd Gen) and Apple Smart Cover problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.