Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 2nd gen not turning on or charging

I've had my 2nd gen iPod Touch for a good couple of years now, but recently it has just stopped working completely.

I can't turn it on, and when after 2 minutes of charging (on both the USB cable and my DAB radio docking station) it gets extremely hot at the bottom. It is also not appearing anywhere/being recognized if I plug it into my computer, so I can't restore it in any way. It hasn't been dropped in any way, but stopped working after losing battery power and turning off.

I expect it's somewhat of a lost cause due to it being an older gen model, but I would be grateful if there were any solutions available before I take it to my local Apple store next week.

I wouldn't think it was to do with the age though, since I also have a 3rd gen iPod Nano which after a good 6 years or so works perfectly. But, my ask for help still stands, thanks in advance.

iPod touch (2nd generation), iOS 4.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 6:26 PM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2013 6:50 AM in response to Owlery

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem, like a bad battery, and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch 2nd gen not turning on or charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.