Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what specifications do i need for recording 16 tracks in logic?

I am just wondering if anyone outh here in logic/mac world can help me?

I have just purchased a focusrite saffire pro 40 and an OctoPre to record up to 16 channels at once into logic 9 (Express edition)

I am only now wondering if i have the required specs to carry out such a task?

i have an i7 500gb with 4 gig of ram and and i believe the rotation rate of the HD is 5400.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 2:38 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2013 1:06 PM in response to xmajortomx

Hi your CPU has the correct specs to carry out the task. You first want to make sure your Octopre is set to internal, run octical cable "OUT" of Octopre to the "IN" of Pro40 , make sure you have the sync source in Mix Control Software set to Clock/Adat, also sample rate in Mix Control software should be the same in DAW.

Hope this information helps, if need of more information feel free to contact support. @ http://us.focusrite.com/contact-support

May 2, 2013 7:30 AM in response to xmajortomx

Hi

xmajortomx wrote:

I am only now wondering if i have the required specs to carry out such a task?

i have an i7 500gb with 4 gig of ram and and i believe the rotation rate of the HD is 5400.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The fundamental issues here would be:

a) Your HD will be quite slow with 5400rpm

b) It is not generally ideal to record to the system HD

I would consider getting an external (fast) HD as a 'project' drive, or swapping out the Optical drive with a kit that will let you add a second drive internally.

CCT

what specifications do i need for recording 16 tracks in logic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.