Currently Being ModeratedApr 29, 2013 1:23 AM (in response to dgc231263)
Wifi problems seem to crop up a lot on here and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 'one fix' solution.
However, I have seen that sometimes any one of the following can help some users although, unfortunately, not always. A bit hit and miss I'm afraid - and in no particular order:
- Check wifi security - if it's WEP change it to WPA or WPA2 (preferably, as it's more secure)
- See if using OpenDNS numbers to your network settings as described here helps:http://use.opendns.com/#mac
- Change the wifi channel on the router
- Create a new Network Location: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5289
- Reboot the router
Also take a look at this link and the links within the article for other ideas:
...and this link:
Currently Being ModeratedApr 29, 2013 1:48 AM (in response to dgc231263)
All the things listed are directed at troubleshooting the iMac, regardless of the fact that other devices connect OK.
There are often threads on here where all devices on a network connect OK apart from the iMac. The suggestions are intended to try and get the Mac behaving the same as everything else on the network.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points