Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My safari quit working on my Mac

My safari quit working on my Mac. I tried rebooting but this did not help. Please help

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 2:56 AM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2017 6:26 AM in response to lee j.

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is a couple of years old, less people are likely to look at it. A new post would be much more visible. You can link to this one.

Have you tried starting it from the Applications folder?

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

If that doesn't work, try running this program in your normal account , then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Apr 29, 2013 6:08 AM in response to kmracek

What kind of Mac do you have?

What version of the Mac operating system is it running?

What version of Safari?

When you say it "quit working" could you be a little more specific? Are you able to launch Safari? What happens when you open a new web page?

How do you connect to the Internet?

Are other Internet services such as email working?

Best of luck.

My safari quit working on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.