Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to upgrade iphoto 8.1.2 to iPhoto 11?

I have MBP OS 10.6.8 and want to upgrade iPhoto 8.1.2 to iPhoto '11 so my iPhoto Library from my MBA which uses iPhoto '11 with OS 10.6.8 can be opened. I have gone to the Apps stall to purchase the upgrade and I get this message

"iPhoto 8.1.2 is already installed and was not purchased from the Mac App Store

Do you want to buy iPhoto 9.4.3?"

I need help as I am not sure what the Apps is refering to as I want iPhoto '11. Any help wll be appreciated. Thanks

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 7:18 AM

Purchase a iLife DVD from Amazon or ebay - install it on your MPB (do not install it on your MBA)

LN

6 replies

Apr 30, 2013 5:42 AM in response to LarryHN

Ok, went to apps stall and tried to buy upgrade iPhoto to 9.4.3 and I get this message

"We could not complete your purchase.

iPhoto can't be installed on Untitled because Mac OS X version 10.7.5 or later is required."

I am lost to what to do next. Upgrade my OS X? How? I do need both Librarires form my macs to be inter usable.

Thanks

Apr 30, 2013 6:19 AM in response to hector0108

Pease re-read my answer

the solution is

Purchase a iLife DVD from Amazon or ebay - install it on your MPB (do not install it on your MBA)

You can not purchase iPhoto '11 from the App store unless you have OS X 10.7.5 or above which is why I did NOT suggest purchasing a download of iPhoto from the App store but purchsaing an iLife '11 DVD form Amazon or Ebay - I did not suggest going to the App store in any way

LN

how to upgrade iphoto 8.1.2 to iPhoto 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.