Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting EDL Final Cut Pro 7

It may be a lame question to those who are well versed. But, please help me on this?

When I export an EDL from FCP 7, can the below be done? 1. Reflect the no. of frames used in each shot? 2. Reflect dissolves and fades in each shot, with the frame no. used in the original footage, togehter with the start point and end point of the transition?

Kindly help!!!

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 9:14 AM

2 replies

Apr 29, 2013 9:55 AM in response to Tiffanypub

An EDL supports one track of video and up to four audio tracks and with the right boxes selected will contain transition info etc.

FC, Premiere & Avid (presuming the latest version) all accept xml files which can share all relevant info regarding folders, clips, sequences, etc. I usually export version 2 whether I am sharing one sequence or the entire project via xml.

Exporting EDL Final Cut Pro 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.