Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation"

this is getting very frustrating...I get this message on rejected emails, but only to some people I send emails to and only from my laptop.

Mail sent from my phone and iPad from the same address works fine and is not rejected.

I tried updating all software to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 9:23 AM

5 replies

Dec 2, 2014 6:37 AM in response to johnucci

Also this is a question about updating to 0S 8.11 from my iPad 2 and its rejecting my Apple ID for that purpose and that purpose alone apparently.

My email works fine, everything else works fine, accessing Apple ID site - works just fine, iCloud email - yep works just fine, etc. etc. etc. all work fine using the same PW, ie. the Apple PW i have always used.

Dec 2, 2014 12:57 PM in response to ryanpmccoy

Likely nothing to do with your OS or which computer you are using but which domains you are sending from and which domains you are sending to.

"sending MTA's poor reputation" (MTA stands for Message Transfer Agent) basically means where you are attempting to send from has a reputation for being a spammer.

Check out your mail domain and sending IPs at mxtoolbox.com and senderbase.com and see what they have to say.

"rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.