Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch screen not responding after water damage

Hello community.

I do get the fact that there is million of threads, but I want to know the opinion of others on this particular case.

I dropped my phone into the toilet (luckily, it was clear) and immediately got it out.

As I had no experience with these kind of accidents, I actually didn't turn off the phone. I used a towel and then I wobbled my phone to get rid of the water. Then, as the phone started rebooting itself, I dried it with a hairdryer (yes, I'm an idiot) and used a vacuum cleaner to help the proccess.

It kept saying this error [NAND] FileFlashAndMedia or something like that, so I turned it off for good and tried to restore it - I started getting the -1 error.

After several repetitions, iTunes finally started restoring my iPhone 5 and everything was back to normal. But then I came to the dreadful realization that the screen does not respond. Everything is ok - all the buttons, the display, even the sound seeems to be fine.

So after these 15 minutes of panicking I started to read articles and watch videos of other people. Put the phone in a bowl of rice, sealed it and I turn it on from times to times to find out if the screen started responding.

Any suggestions? Do you think there is a possibility to recover it?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 10:56 AM

and I turn it on from times to times to find out if the screen started responding.

Not a good idea. Leave it turned off in the rice for 5-7 days... you might get lucky.

4 replies

Touch screen not responding after water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.