Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to Upgrade from 10.5.8 OS (Leopard) to Lion through Snow Leopard (10.6, 10.6.3)

I want to Upgrade from 10.5.8 OS (Leopard) to Lion, and I know I have to Upgrade to Snow Leopard first: can I buy the 10.6.3 installer or do I have to buy the 10.6? Is the same thing? Will they work the same way if I have a 10.5.8?

OS-OTHER, from 10.5.8 to Lion

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 1:13 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

The Snow Leopard disc which Apple sells includes OS X 10.6.3, so don't worry about that. Also, if you buy a Snow Leopard disc with 10.6, updates until 10.6.8 are completely free through  > Software Update. You can buy Mac OS X Snow Leopard at the Apple Online Store > http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Make a backup before upgrading. After upgrading, open  > Software Update, and install the latest version. After updating to 10.6.8, you will be able to upgrade to Lion (call Apple to purchase Lion) or Mountain Lion (you can purchase OS X Mountain Lion in the App Store)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2013 1:13 PM in response to Nik1013

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

The Snow Leopard disc which Apple sells includes OS X 10.6.3, so don't worry about that. Also, if you buy a Snow Leopard disc with 10.6, updates until 10.6.8 are completely free through  > Software Update. You can buy Mac OS X Snow Leopard at the Apple Online Store > http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Make a backup before upgrading. After upgrading, open  > Software Update, and install the latest version. After updating to 10.6.8, you will be able to upgrade to Lion (call Apple to purchase Lion) or Mountain Lion (you can purchase OS X Mountain Lion in the App Store)

I want to Upgrade from 10.5.8 OS (Leopard) to Lion through Snow Leopard (10.6, 10.6.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.