Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have done all of the above to migrate from my pc to my mac book pro; appeared successful but cannot find files in my Macbook

How can i find my files in my Macbook Pro after doing migration from my pc?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 1:31 PM

3 replies

Dec 20, 2013 6:43 PM in response to lauriemoore

Maybe this will help. It solved my similar and perhaps the same problem you describe.

WHAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM: When using Migration Assistant from TC a pop-up screen appears seeming to indicate there is a User Name issue.

THINKING it meant I would have a User Name conflict I selected the option to Delete what I thought would be one of a conflicting User Names.

THE RESULT was my one and only User Name was put in a new folder, called: Deleted User Names.

THUS, When restarting my computer(s) I had no User Name, and the computer went into Guest mode.

THE SOLUTION was to realize this and simply drag my User Name out of this Delete User Name folder and put it back on the Finder's Sidebar.

Live and learn.

I have done all of the above to migrate from my pc to my mac book pro; appeared successful but cannot find files in my Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.