Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing how built in keyboard function keys work in windows 8 (gaming)

Mid 2010 15-inch macbook pro.

This is a weird question that might not be able to work the way I want anyways, but I'll try to explain it as best as I can.

I put Windows 8 on my MBP so I could play some Windows-Only games (mainly Star Wars: The Old Republic) and I want to be able to use the F keys (F1, F2, F3, etc.) as hotkeys like I did on World of Warcraft running in OSX. In OSX there is a setting to make it so you hold down fn when you press the F key to do the actual function assigned to it, so then the F keys are just another row as far as the game is concerned. However, I couldn't find anything similar in Windows. Is there any way to do this, aside from buying a USB keyboard? I really like having alot of buttons, my mouse has 17 of them.

Also if there is an easy way to say num-lock is on, that would be helpful. That fancy mouse acts like a number pad.

2.4 GHz 15" MBP hi-res antiglare, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 4:45 PM

Look in control panel, boot camp app. The setting is in there.

3 replies

changing how built in keyboard function keys work in windows 8 (gaming)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.