5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 11:35 AM by Victoria Herring
Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2
expertise.macosx
Mac OS X

I have 3.4.4 on my computer and have a Library A which is 3.4.4 = I wanted to import another Library B but it was 3.4.3 so I upgraded it and relaunched and went to import Library B [upgraded to 3.4.4] into the A Library

It won't work = I keep getting the attached message == Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 8.39.09 PM.jpg

What next?  Both Libraries are 3.4.4

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 17G RAM
Solved by Victoria Herring on Apr 30, 2013 7:12 AM Solved

I thought I had done the Repair Database but yesterday was so busy, I'll do it again...will report back what I find out.  Thanks much!!!

Reply by Kirby Krieger on Apr 29, 2013 7:13 PM Helpful

If you're in a hurry, just run Repair Database on Library B and try the import into Library A again.  I have no idea why it's happening, but "Repair" is good and reliable, and if it fails that will be an important clue.

Post back.

Reply by léonie on Apr 29, 2013 11:34 PM Helpful

Did Kirby's suggestion work? Hopefully it did fix it.

If not, the version file inside the library bundle may be corrupted.

To fix this,

• Quit Aperture,
  • Make a backup copy of your library "B"
  • ctrl-click the libary "B" and select "Show Package Contents"
  • In the folder that opens look for the folder "Aperture.aplib" and open it.
  • Remove the file "DataModelVersion.plist" to the Desktop.
  • Double click library "B" to launch Aperture. Aperture should now recreate the "DataModelVersion.plist" file. Edit one of the images a bit and switch to your library "A".
  • Try to import again.

Léonie

All replies

• Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6

If you're in a hurry, just run Repair Database on Library B and try the import into Library A again.  I have no idea why it's happening, but "Repair" is good and reliable, and if it fails that will be an important clue.

Post back.

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Did Kirby's suggestion work? Hopefully it did fix it.

If not, the version file inside the library bundle may be corrupted.

To fix this,

• Quit Aperture,
    • Make a backup copy of your library "B"
    • ctrl-click the libary "B" and select "Show Package Contents"
    • In the folder that opens look for the folder "Aperture.aplib" and open it.
    • Remove the file "DataModelVersion.plist" to the Desktop.
    • Double click library "B" to launch Aperture. Aperture should now recreate the "DataModelVersion.plist" file. Edit one of the images a bit and switch to your library "A".
    • Try to import again.

Léonie

• Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

I thought I had done the Repair Database but yesterday was so busy, I'll do it again...will report back what I find out.  Thanks much!!!

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

And for good measure add "repair Permissions" as well.

• Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

SUCCESS!  I ended up doing a Rebuild Database on Library B, deleted the DataModelVerson.plist and repaired the permissions also = didn't work = so I repaired permissions on the machien and rebooted == it is now importing just fine...all is fine, many thanks for helping with this.