5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 11:35 AM by Victoria Herring
Victoria Herring Level 2 (290 points)

I have 3.4.4 on my computer and have a Library A which is 3.4.4 = I wanted to import another Library B but it was 3.4.3 so I upgraded it and relaunched and went to import Library B [upgraded to 3.4.4] into the A Library

It won't work = I keep getting the attached message == Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 8.39.09 PM.jpg

What next?  Both Libraries are 3.4.4

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 17G RAM
  • Kirby Krieger Level 6 (12,510 points)

If you're in a hurry, just run Repair Database on Library B and try the import into Library A again.  I have no idea why it's happening, but "Repair" is good and reliable, and if it fails that will be an important clue.

Post back.

• léonie Level 10 (91,186 points)

Did Kirby's suggestion work? Hopefully it did fix it.

If not, the version file inside the library bundle may be corrupted.

To fix this,

• Quit Aperture,
    • Make a backup copy of your library "B"
    • ctrl-click the libary "B" and select "Show Package Contents"
    • In the folder that opens look for the folder "Aperture.aplib" and open it.
    • Remove the file "DataModelVersion.plist" to the Desktop.
    • Double click library "B" to launch Aperture. Aperture should now recreate the "DataModelVersion.plist" file. Edit one of the images a bit and switch to your library "A".
    • Try to import again.

Léonie

• Victoria Herring Level 2 (290 points)

I thought I had done the Repair Database but yesterday was so busy, I'll do it again...will report back what I find out.  Thanks much!!!

• léonie Level 10 (91,186 points)

And for good measure add "repair Permissions" as well.

• Victoria Herring Level 2 (290 points)

SUCCESS!  I ended up doing a Rebuild Database on Library B, deleted the DataModelVerson.plist and repaired the permissions also = didn't work = so I repaired permissions on the machien and rebooted == it is now importing just fine...all is fine, many thanks for helping with this.