Currently Being ModeratedApr 29, 2013 7:13 PM (in response to Victoria Herring)
If you're in a hurry, just run Repair Database on Library B and try the import into Library A again. I have no idea why it's happening, but "Repair" is good and reliable, and if it fails that will be an important clue.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 29, 2013 11:34 PM (in response to Victoria Herring)
Did Kirby's suggestion work? Hopefully it did fix it.
If not, the version file inside the library bundle may be corrupted.
To fix this,
- Quit Aperture,
- Make a backup copy of your library "B"
- ctrl-click the libary "B" and select "Show Package Contents"
- In the folder that opens look for the folder "Aperture.aplib" and open it.
- Remove the file "DataModelVersion.plist" to the Desktop.
- Double click library "B" to launch Aperture. Aperture should now recreate the "DataModelVersion.plist" file. Edit one of the images a bit and switch to your library "A".
- Try to import again.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 30, 2013 11:35 AM (in response to léonie)
SUCCESS! I ended up doing a Rebuild Database on Library B, deleted the DataModelVerson.plist and repaired the permissions also = didn't work = so I repaired permissions on the machien and rebooted == it is now importing just fine...all is fine, many thanks for helping with this.