Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems Using Rocket Mail Apple Mail?

Hi, recently, had to cancel Verizon.net + their mail. Opted for Rocketmail.com (part of Yahoo) & prefer to use AppleMail, but now getting almost constant pop-up asking for my password, which, I keep entering. However, it does not seem to "hold" for more than a few minutes, if not seconds.

Repaired Permissions. Restarted w/Safe Boot, which usually shakes thing out. Restarted, again.

Ran ONYX. Restarted, again.

Intially, I used the automatic set-up provided by Apple Mail.

Using Snow 10.6.8. iMac intel i3 3.Ghz w/12G Ram HD has 875GB space on 1T

Why does this keep happening?

Thanks, for your help.

Message was edited by: blueCdreams

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), HK Sound Sticks + iSub

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 5:56 PM

13 replies

May 2, 2013 10:40 AM in response to griff w

Thanks, for taking time to address my question. Yes, I'd gone through all the trobleshooting; again & again.

The problem comes & goes, but once it happens, it seems to stay in a loop for several minutes, as I keep entering my password, over & over...then, magically, the problem stops.

The about.com Mac article by Tom Nelson, on trouble shooting AppleMail also said to turn on the log, which I did but have no idea what it all means nor how it might help solve the issue. http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/ss/Troubleshooting-Apple-Mail-Using-Apple- Mails-Troubleshooting-Tools_3.htm

Using 10.6.8 + Apple Mail Version 4.6 (1085)

Today, the issue has only come up once. I did follow the suggestions given by sanjampet, shown below.

kl

May 9, 2013 11:03 AM in response to sanjampet

The problem has returned, with a vengance! Every couple of minutes, I get a popup asking me for my SMTP Rocketmail password. I checked, again, in Keychain, to make sure that All apps have access control. Re-started in Safe Mode, again. Re-started in standard mode.

I enter the password, mail works for a bit then, the popup, again.

Hope you have another brillaint tip, for me.

Thanks,

Kate

May 9, 2013 12:07 PM in response to blueCdreams

blueC,

Try going to keychain access, in the left sidebar select passwords this should show you the passwords double click and write down all the entries that pertain to your email password. (Double click to see the info) then highlight and delete it. Cick the + at the bottom and reenter the info, when you log into mail if it prompts you for the password type it in and check the remember box.

May 9, 2013 1:13 PM in response to blueCdreams

Have a look at this

http://applehelpwriter.com/2012/01/17/mail-wont-remember-passwords/

Also, when this happens try just dismissing the popup by hitting Cancel and then right-click the affected account and "Get New Mail from...." This is what I do when this happens and it starts working immediately. I had tried redoing all my Keychain/Mail entries several times, to no satisfaction. After much frustration, I hit on this.

Message was edited by: WZZZ

May 9, 2013 2:07 PM in response to blueCdreams

When you do this, it is probably better to delete all the Mail account passwords first in Mail, both for incoming and outgoing, as well as the ones in Keychain. You start with a completely clean slate in both Mail and Keychain (in Keychain for Mail only.) Next, reenter the passwords in the different Mail accounts, at which time you will be prompted to "Remember in Keychain?" to which you say yes. Deleting and reentering the passwords in Keychain alone may not be sufficient.

Doing it this way provides proper coordination between the two.

May 9, 2013 1:59 PM in response to blueCdreams

blue,

I had this issue a week or so ago, tried all the above to no avail, then tried the delete thing and it seems to be ok...for now anyway.

I am not familiar with rocket mail, but I do have sbcglobal which is also a yahoo mail, if you have "classic mail" from yahoo, they will not be using that as of the beginning of June. I swithed to the "New Mail" after this pswd buisiness began, I don't know if that had any bearing on any of this.

Hope one of the suggestions from any of the previous posts helps resolve this for you.

Problems Using Rocket Mail Apple Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.