Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I synchronize Outlook contacts with iPhone 5

How do I synchronize Outlook contacts with iPhone 5?

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 6:54 PM

9 replies

Jun 17, 2013 2:29 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I contacted Apple Care and the rep walked me through the steps to sync Outook 2010 with iTunes (similar to what you wrote). The contacts, however, did not transfer. My phone contacts were there from my wireless carrier. So, I went to iCloud and manually entered e-mail addresses for some key people. I would like to bring more contacts over.

If syncing with Outlook doesn't work, if I change the mail settings to sync with Yahoo's adrress book, will the contacts be on my phone or will the mail program access Yahoo's address book?

Also, how does the iPhone handle duplicates?

Jun 18, 2013 7:53 PM in response to dmb1994

Well, Outlook contacts should sync, so there is some other problem. Syncing with Yahoo is a different story, and you would have to check their support for information about that. I'm not sure how they sync, but I believe the contacts and calendar sync via their mail settings. It will sync the contacts to the phone, however you will have to make those settings in iTunes. I know there is a support document regarding duplicates, but normally it will merge information if there are two contacts with the same name. I cannot find the support document right now, but you can search here for it.

How do I synchronize Outlook contacts with iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.