Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not working at all on my iPad 4, Iphone 4, and 2x newest Macbook Pros or PC.

Hey I have just bought my Apple TV 3 and everything seems to work fine except for the computer syncing and airplay.

Things I have tried:

-Enabled Home Sharing on all devices and logged into apple account.

-Reset all devices mutiple times.

-Reset router 3x times.

-Reset Apple TV 3 to factory settings twice.

-Enabled and disabled the Airplay on the ATV3.

-Waited for a good 3 hours to see if it would work later, no luck.

I am not seeing the mirroring or airplay icon anywhere on my devices. I know where each icon would be on the ipad/iphone and its not there or on any of the apps! Please I need help setting this up, Airplay is the only reason I got this product.

Apple TV, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 8:10 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2013 9:05 PM in response to mpgolota

After hours and hours or stressing out with this I finally came to a conclution. Most wireless router have "Wirless Isolation" or "AP Isolation" or something along those lines enabled as default. You must DISABLE this in order to make the apple tv easily sync with other devices problem free!!

Hope this helps someone else!!

Step-by-step with netgear routers.

1. go to http://www.routerlogin.net/

2. click on "Wireless"

3. uncheck "Enable Wireless Isolation"

4. enjoy your airplay! 🙂

Airplay not working at all on my iPad 4, Iphone 4, and 2x newest Macbook Pros or PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.