Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing large amounts of projects....

Everything was going peachy.... till I accumulated many events and projects.

I'm on a maxed out 6 month old macbook pro

Any advice on managing projects so that my workflow speeds up again would be great.

My rendering is taking for ever now....

Thanks

Tony

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 6:44 AM

Sounds like you need Event Manager X ............... the best $4.99 I ever spent.

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/EventManagerX/

As I'm in the UK it was something like £3.50 !

You should also be storing your projects and events on an external hard drive and not the MBP's internal one.

4 replies

Apr 30, 2013 11:13 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Thanks Ian,

I bought it and the start up and managing projects / events certainly has sped up, but the rendering issue is still there.

Here's what I ended up doing....

I bought that app you suggested and I am going to use it, it's great.... But what really helped is turning off Background Rendering. That was sucking all the life out of my computer.

I don't keep anything on my computer, but on a Lacie T-bolt dual hard drive....

Cheers,

Tony

Apr 30, 2013 1:22 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

In theory this is true, but in practice it's real anchor in processing.

The app is constantly triggering / de-triggering the render function, which taxes the processor.

I'm really close to going back to Adobe Premiere pro again. I just get the feeling that APPLE isn't focused. Before I updated to the latest version of FCPX rendering was faster, so all I can assume is in the update somewhere, things went foul.

Managing large amounts of projects....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.