Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stay signed in to Hotmail on the web

I am using an Ipad 4 and every time I close Safari and reopen It, I have to enter my username and password, and there is no box to tick to stay signed in. I am more comfortable using hotmail through the web based platform rather than through the email app, so please don't suggest using that instead.

Does anyone know what's going on and how I can stay signed in?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 4:07 AM

5 replies

Jun 22, 2017 8:14 AM in response to feliciafromvic

I had this problem too but think I have figured it out. Hopefully my reply isn't buried...

First, I googled hotmail login. THEN, I pressed and held the address bar until I was given a chance to request desktop site. Then I entered my email to begin the login process. Once I entered this the password page appeared with the stay signed in option.

Man, there is a lot of wasted talk

Apr 30, 2013 4:18 AM in response to feliciafromvic

Unless hotmail has an app or mobile interface (usually m.hotmail.com is the naming convention sites use) if there's no 'remember me' tick box, then there isnt' a way.

The lack of that box could be a security feature, but more likely that it's java based, which isn't supported on the iPad.

Have you tried to access it via another browser? There's some free ones out there that have different levels of functionality than Safari.

How can I stay signed in to Hotmail on the web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.