Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic won't play in right earbud

It's not the earbuds because I've tried multiple pairs. Yesterday I was listening to my music & I put my iPod on pause to talk to someone. When I pressed play the right earbud was not working. I've had my iPod for a year and a half so I don't have a warranty anymore. This has happened 2 times before with other iPods & I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix the iPod before buying a new one (that will also probably break).

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 10:49 AM

You can try doing a Restore on the iPod in iTunes. The Restore button is on the iPod's Summary screen. This will erase the iPod, re-install its software, and set it to default settings. If there is a software or settings issue causing this problem, a Restore should fix it.

Otherwise, there may be a hardware problem with the iPod's headphones jack.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2013 10:49 AM in response to ourladyofsorrows

You can try doing a Restore on the iPod in iTunes. The Restore button is on the iPod's Summary screen. This will erase the iPod, re-install its software, and set it to default settings. If there is a software or settings issue causing this problem, a Restore should fix it.

Otherwise, there may be a hardware problem with the iPod's headphones jack.

iPod classic won't play in right earbud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.