Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leica M Monochrom Support.

7 months and still none. Hurry up Apple!

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 8:25 AM

8 replies

Apr 30, 2013 10:44 PM in response to stevo_c

Apple is working on it. The Monochrome has a non-bayer sensor and until recently Apple wound not support non-bayer sensors. Apple has recently released a RAW update with support for the Xtrans Fuji cameras (also non-bayer). I understand that Apple usually get the camera in their labs in order to make the sensor profile. The MM was a hard to get camera until recently but this is non-issue now as far as I know.

Regarding the delay, I know it is taking too long. I wish it was out the day I got my camera. But to be honest, I rather wait and have a great decoder/rendering of the raw than a premature support and then later multiple updates (this would make me process my files twice or three times).

For the Fuji cameras, it also took long time, but it seems they got it right. From what I read on the net and from feedback from Fuji users, the rendering is equal if not better than the one provided by Adobe RAW/Lightroom.

My current workflow involves shooting DNG+JPG, once DNG support is release, I use the RAW as Original and process it futher if needed.

cheers

ps. do not forget to send Apple a feed back requesting MM DNG support.

Leica M Monochrom Support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.