Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt DaisyChain Woes

I have a late 2012 iMac and late 2012 Mac Mini, both with Thunderbolt. I'd like to use the iMac as a display for the Mini, no problem (CMD+F2) when linked directly together via Thunderbolt. The problem here is that I have a bunch of Thunderbolt drives that need to remain connected to the Mini only and the Mini doesn't have two Thunderbolt ports. I could attach the last Thunderbolt drive in the chain to my iMac but I'd assume that this would cause all sorts of issues with the Thunderbolt drives trying to mount to one or both Macs.

Does this make sense? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to win this battle besides buying a $300+ Thunderbolt dock (which also might have the same issue)?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 12:46 PM

There are no replies.

Thunderbolt DaisyChain Woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.