Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Videos - You do not have permission to access the requested resource

Hello guys,

I have bought a few episodes of a TV show on the Apple Store for my iPad 3. The first episodes worked well. But for the 2 last I downloaded (and paid for) i get the error message: "you do not have permission to access the requested resource" when i click on play.

As a result I can't watch the videos I purchased.

The application i use is the Videos app of the iPad

I already powered off my iPad and turned it back on but I still have the problem :(

Can someone help there ?

Many thanks !

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 1:25 PM

As long as you can download the TV Shows again for free in the country where you live, delete the shows and download them again.

Check here to see if you can get free downloads again. You must use the same Apple ID that you bought them with and they will appear in the purchased tab of iTunes. Tap on the Not on this iPad heading to locate them in the TV shows tab.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5085

You can delete the shows in the TV shows tab of the videos app via the Edit button.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2013 1:25 PM in response to Pepoche

As long as you can download the TV Shows again for free in the country where you live, delete the shows and download them again.

Check here to see if you can get free downloads again. You must use the same Apple ID that you bought them with and they will appear in the purchased tab of iTunes. Tap on the Not on this iPad heading to locate them in the TV shows tab.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5085

You can delete the shows in the TV shows tab of the videos app via the Edit button.

IPad Videos - You do not have permission to access the requested resource

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.