Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Import mailbox into Apple Mail Lion ?

Need help in migrating mails. Trying to import outlook 2011 mail boxes to apple mail. Nut the import option in apple mail deos not show outlook 2011. I have 5000+ emails in several folders.

Also i want a solution to transfer contacts to address book and calender updates to iCal. I am sure that i am not the first one to ask this question.

Thanks for solutions.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 2:01 PM

6 replies

Apr 30, 2013 2:19 PM in response to Andrew_982

Make sure that you have Outlook 2011 SP1 (14.1) or later. Microsoft re-added the .mbox export feature as of that version. Then drag an Outlook 2011 folder from the list to your desktop, and you will have an importable Apple Mail .mbox. Select Import Mailboxes in Mail, choose "files in mbox format", and select the exported mailbox.

Someone else may have a better idea for contacts and calendars, but one way is to turn on Sync Services under the Tools menu in Outlook.

Regards.

How to Import mailbox into Apple Mail Lion ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.