Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

increase dmg folder capacity

I created a dmg folder using disk utility, so that I would have a place in which to park confidential material, now and in the future. It works; so far so good! But as I started to fill it up, I soon exceeded its capacity. (6.7 MB). How can I increase the capacity (to, say, 1GB)? I didn't set a capacity when I created it. The 6.7 must have been a default. I am running Mountain Lion

Thank you. - Robert

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 2:01 PM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2013 5:20 PM in response to Niel

Thank you, but I still don't understand the procedure. I found the pane that allows me to specify a size. But that seems to be independent of the create-password-protected dmg process. When I follow the standard create-password-protected- dmg process, I don't seewhere the opportunity comes up to adjust the size. I don't understand how I can merge both into one workflow. There are many tutorials for the dmg-creation process online, but I could not find one that includes "here is your chance to specify a size."

May 2, 2013 10:03 AM in response to Niel

Got it. Thank you. You provided the first key info (create from a blank image). But then it would not function. My confusion at that point was not in the how-to-create process, but in the how-to-use. With some experimenting, I discovered how to use. It wasn't that complicated; it's just that I am not intuitive. It's for guys like me that people write "The Missing Manual" type of books; every single step has to be there, or we make a mistake.

increase dmg folder capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.