Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my 6 gen ipod nano showing a white screen

why is my 6 generation ipod nano showing a white screen i have reset it twice what is it else 4 me 2 do

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2013 6:16 AM

Morning bingif,

Article: TS3474 iPod nano (6th generation): Hardware troubleshooting may help you with your white screen. Take a look in the displays section for white screen.

Display shows a white screen

Try putting the iPod into disk mode:

Reset the device (press the Sleep and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the display turns black—about eight seconds).

When the display turns black, hold down the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the device enters Disk mode.

While the device is in disk mode, sync it to iTunes and try to restore.

Hope this helps,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2013 6:16 AM in response to bingif

Morning bingif,

Article: TS3474 iPod nano (6th generation): Hardware troubleshooting may help you with your white screen. Take a look in the displays section for white screen.

Display shows a white screen

Try putting the iPod into disk mode:

Reset the device (press the Sleep and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the display turns black—about eight seconds).

When the display turns black, hold down the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the device enters Disk mode.

While the device is in disk mode, sync it to iTunes and try to restore.

Hope this helps,

Mario

why is my 6 gen ipod nano showing a white screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.