Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie '11

On my new iMac (iMovie 11) the date and time is 1 hour behind GMT and 2 hours behind BST. How can I correct it? Clock on iMac and camera are all correct.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on May 1, 2013 8:44 AM

5 replies

May 3, 2013 10:50 AM in response to pedro d

Hi Pedro

In asking my question I missed out one vital word which led you to give me an answer I already know. The missing word was "Title". When I put in a Date/Time Title on a clip in a project it is either 1 hour behind on a clip filmed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) or 2 hours behind on a clip filmed in BST (British Summer Time). How can I put the Date/Time Title right? It's fine on my old iMac (2006 Leopard), but on my new iMac (2012 Mountian Lion) it is incorrect. To have to adjust the date and time of every video clip and photograph in the event browser would be too much to ask, especially in DVDs lasting well over 1½ hours!

Best wishes

Ian

May 4, 2013 10:18 AM in response to John Cogdell

John

Thanks for that - good to know I'm not alone. Your being so far ahead of GMT gives you greater problems it seems, but my being on GMT or BST shows iMovie to be 1 hour behind or 2 hours behind respectively and consistently. I thought about going onto Mid-Atlantic time just to get the right Time Stamp, but I'm not that bothered as are other people in the discussion for important reasons. I'll just wait for Apple to correct the bug ……………………… how many minutes do you think that will be?????????????

Many thanks

Ian

iMovie '11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.