Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Exactly default option in right click menu...

For some reason on my user when I right click on a file "duplicate exactly" rather than the standard "duplicate" has become my default option - I have to press the Apple key to get it revert to standard duplicate.

If I create a new user this isn't the case - anyone any idea how on earth I've managed to do this with my user and how I can revert to standard duplicate?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Tried with both 10.8.2 & 10.8.3

Posted on May 1, 2013 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2013 7:58 AM

Try removing the global preferences file for your account, which can be done by opening the Terminal and running the following command:

defaults delete -g

Note that after doing this you will have to set up any custom language and input option preferences again, and it will also clear details like your recent places lists, but if for the most part you use the standard system setup (things like date, currency, and time formats) then this shouldn't affect much. All of the global settings can be reset in the system preferences.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2013 7:58 AM in response to realdannys

Try removing the global preferences file for your account, which can be done by opening the Terminal and running the following command:

defaults delete -g

Note that after doing this you will have to set up any custom language and input option preferences again, and it will also clear details like your recent places lists, but if for the most part you use the standard system setup (things like date, currency, and time formats) then this shouldn't affect much. All of the global settings can be reset in the system preferences.

Duplicate Exactly default option in right click menu...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.