Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find the option you say to use

iTunes 11.0.2 (current version) does not have "Manually manage music and videos" among Options. It says only "Manually manage videos." I can't figure out how to get my music from iTunes (formerly synced with my previous iPod) to my new iPod touch.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 1, 2013 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2013 1:32 PM

mputzel wrote:

I can't figure out how to get my music from iTunes (formerly synced with my previous iPod) to my new iPod touch.

Same way you did with your iPod.

Drag the songs from iTunes to the iPod touch in the left sidebar.

3 replies

May 2, 2013 8:17 AM in response to Chris CA

Chris, thanks, but that didn't work. There may be a bug in iTunes, but I think the problem began in setup when I okayed syncing with iCloud. That seemed to cost me the ability to manually manage music. I tried changing that in iTunes, and it appeared to accept the change, but I still couldn't bring up the option on the Summary page from "Manually manage music and videos." It only offered "Manually manage videos," which was not consistent with Apple Support's step-by-step in HT1535.

I took the unit back to factory defaults, ignored the offer to use iCloud, and got what I was hoping for: an offer in the Music tab to sync "Entire music library." That did it. I appreciate your weighing in.

Michael

Can't find the option you say to use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.