Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crashed Aperture, Rebuilt, Missing key slideshow for son's graduation

Aperture 3.4.4 running on Lion 10.7.5, iMac 2.66 ghz DuoCore2, 4 gig RAM.

Finalizing a slideshow for my son's graduation (in 10 days!), my system crashed (kernel panic). Reboot. Yep, main aperture library corrupted. 18K images, and no recent backup (I know, I know). Tried Repairing Permissions on computer, and also the first two steps to Repair Aperture Permissions and Repair Library. No go, she's dead. Not wanting to risk Rebuilding Library without a backup, I created a new Library, and imported, fingers crossed. Magic! It worked. 18K photos back. Except...

NO SLIDESHOW! Here's what I've got. All the photos show up in the main library, and all of the projects and albums we had used to organize are back, but many of them have no photos. This includes an album I was using as a working draft pile (pulling photos from many different locations to narrow down the actual photos I wanted to use) along with the final, ordered, edited, cropped, tweaked slideshow. Both are THERE (icon and name), but EMPTY of photos.

*Interestingly, both the empty album and empty slideshow are in a folder with other albums which contains the majority of the photos I'm using. Photos located inside those show properly. Perhaps that detail matters. See "Hanson" below.

User uploaded file

Faces data is also gone. I can live with that—it was buggy, frustrating and incomplete at best. (If you have ideas for how to restore what I did have in Faces data, I'd be much obliged.)

The BIGGIE obviously is my slideshow. Any package content tweaks you can recommend, or borrowing something from the old corrupted package and sticking it in the new? Any way to just grab specific albums or projects, etc out of the package and then I just import that? BTW, now that I've at least recovered my bulk photos and basic organization in the new library, I am going to try rebuilding the damaged database, but that's a long process with no guarantees, so I want to hit this from all angles. Please help! Thanks.

Posted on May 1, 2013 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2013 2:12 PM

Rebuilding your damaged Library is, imho, your best bet. I suggest doing that first, and if it fails, continuing to look for other means of recovery.

I also recommend doubling the amount of RAM in your system as soon as you can. The sellers Crucial and OWC (Other World Computing) have Web wizards that can tell what your system can use.

Sorry about your troubles 😟 .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2013 2:12 PM in response to DB5

Rebuilding your damaged Library is, imho, your best bet. I suggest doing that first, and if it fails, continuing to look for other means of recovery.

I also recommend doubling the amount of RAM in your system as soon as you can. The sellers Crucial and OWC (Other World Computing) have Web wizards that can tell what your system can use.

Sorry about your troubles 😟 .

Crashed Aperture, Rebuilt, Missing key slideshow for son's graduation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.