Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anything I can do myself to get my ipod touch 4th gen to charge again?

I've had this 4th gen ipod touch for at least a year, maybe 2 years tops, now. It's practically my life line because it almost never leaves my hands/person. I use this every single day, especially to keep in contact with a close friend. My ipod was working and charging fine yesterday. Last night I had taken a shower and it did get wet when I had touched it with my hands still wet. First mistake on my part. I wiped it off with a towel and connected it to my laptop after to synch it. It synched at first but then my computer couldn't find the ipod though it was connected and I didn't think much of it because my computer sometimes doesn't find thigns right away. After, I went to put it to charge before bed and unplugged it after a few minutes. At the time, it was charging somewhat. I don't remember if I had a problem keeping it charging or not. I think it was fine. This morning I went to charge my battery before I head out and it did not charge. At first I thought it was my USB cable because this had happened to me once before and to fix the problem then, I just bought a new USB cable. I tried different ones I had in my house besides my usual one but it didn't charge with any of them. In fact, the ipod only recognized it was connected for maybe a few flickering secs before it would disconnect though it was plugged it. I couldn't get it to keep connection recognition long enough to possibly back up my ipod (because it has not been backed up since 3 days ago). As I said, my ipod is practically my life line so when the battery was depleting after some use and I wasn't getting it to charge no matter what I did, I paid a visit to the Apple store. They had no open reservations for today so I have to wait until tomorrow but they glanced at it real quick after I explained it won't charge or synch and said it looks like possible liquid corrosion. Is there anyway I can attempt to get it to charge again without having to go back to the Apple store? I'd rather not have to go back unless it's my last option. Also, if worse comes to worse and I need to have Apple take care of it for me (with the understanding liquid damage is not in the warranty) what will happen exactly? Will my data be salvaged in anyway or would I have some losses?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 1, 2013 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2013 1:56 PM

After you dry the iPod:

How to fix a wet iPod or iPhone | eHow.comfix-wet-ipod-iphone.html

Connect the iPod to a charging source overnight and then try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If iTunses can see the iPod you can backup the iPod

iOS: How to back up

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766and copy media from the iPod

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device: Apple Support Communities

If iTunes does not see the iPod then its contents are lost

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2013 1:56 PM in response to kwonlee

After you dry the iPod:

How to fix a wet iPod or iPhone | eHow.comfix-wet-ipod-iphone.html

Connect the iPod to a charging source overnight and then try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If iTunses can see the iPod you can backup the iPod

iOS: How to back up

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766and copy media from the iPod

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device: Apple Support Communities

If iTunes does not see the iPod then its contents are lost

Is there anything I can do myself to get my ipod touch 4th gen to charge again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.