Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when my battery is dead ?

Hello, I think my battery ( for a white Macbook 15" laptop ) is dead, it cant hold the charge too long, after a full charge, then I use it, turn it off,

and when i want to use it again, it doesnt turn on unless you put the cable back in...

battery dead?

thanks

carlos

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 1, 2013 1:18 PM

3 replies

May 1, 2013 1:20 PM in response to cbenejam

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

It's possible that your battery your battery has been used for a lot of time, and batteries get damaged. Open System Information app, select "Power" in the sidebar and copy here "Health Information" and "Charge Information". Also, download coconutBattery and tell us what percentage you see under "Battery capacity"

May 1, 2013 4:47 PM in response to cbenejam

It would help to know which one of the 9 different models of MacBook you have. To see which model you have go to the Apple in the upper left corner and select About This Mac, then click on More Info (and then System Report if you’re running 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion). When System Profiler comes up check the Model Identifier and post it back here.

User uploaded file

when my battery is dead ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.