Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My little brother's managed account. Every time he logs out, he cannot shut down the computer without my (admin) approval. How can I change this? Please help!

I'd really like to fix this little issue. I want my brother to be able to shutdown the computer with me always having to authorize by entering my name and password. I probably did something wrong but I don't know what. I'm a new Mac user. I'd realy appreciate it if somebody would help me out. Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 1, 2013 6:35 PM

6 replies

May 1, 2013 8:15 PM in response to Topher Kessler

No. I always make sure to log out of my account and shut the computer down.

But for some odd reason, everytime my brother tries to turn off the computer (after logging out of his account), he is prompted to type in an Admin username and password. The message in the prompt tells him that 'some people with other accounts may lose unsaved data' or something like that. This only happens after he logs out of his account. When I log out of mine, everything is okay. I can easily shutdown the computer without having to punch in my name/pass.

My little brother's managed account. Every time he logs out, he cannot shut down the computer without my (admin) approval. How can I change this? Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.