Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recently installed apps can't access photos on my iPhone

Operating Details:

• Device: iPhone 5
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • iOS: 6.1.3

Goal: I'd like to update my profile picture on one of my Twitter accounts using an image stored on my iPhone in my Photos.

Issue: When I try to edit a profile picture in any of the apps I recently installed (within the last 5 days) I receive error message.

Message: This app does not have acces to your photos or videos. You can enable access in Privacy Settings.

Action: When I go to Settings > Privacy > I only see the Factory Apps (Twitter and Facebook).

Issue: I don't see the other apps I've installed; Linked In, Pinterest, for example. And the options for Twitter and Facebook only show the other apps that have asked permission to interact with it.

Action: When I go to Settings > Photos & Cameras

Issue: I don't see any apps, only options to edit my experience when viewing photos.

Action: When I go to Settings > scroll down

Issue: I see all of the apps I have installed but if I click on them, I am not given options to edit the privacy settings for them.

Question: How do I edit the settings so that the apps I have installed can interact with the photos stored on my phone?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 1, 2013 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2013 6:31 PM

Go to settings/general/restrictions/photos and allow the apps to have access to photos

6 replies

Jul 25, 2013 11:43 AM in response to SpecialK_SF

Many thanks for alll of this. I had the same problem and you showed me how to solve it. I assumed that when I went to Settings, General, Restrictions which in my case were set to Off that I would be ok. Not so when I returned the Restrictions to On and went through each one there was the app which I wanted to have access and I just turned it on. Evertything no OK so thanks for the help.

recently installed apps can't access photos on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.