Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone won't sync with my computer.. Help?

When I plug in my Iphone 4 into the computer it won't realize I plugged it into my laptop (Windows 7).

My computer knows that it is plugged in and makes that noise when you plug in a device but my phone won't. It won't charge or sync or anything and i'll be sitting there trying to figure out why it won't sync. The cord is fine and my computer should be fine as well. I don't see the problem. Everything is up to date on the upgrades.

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 1, 2013 7:48 PM

4 replies

May 4, 2013 7:40 AM in response to ShanaChiiBaka

Hello there ShanaChiiBaka,

I was looking through our resources and found an article that looks to fit the bill for the issue you are experiencing.

It's called iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538.

Start with this section:

To begin troubleshooting this issue on your iOS device, first follow the steps in the appropriate troubleshooting assistant below:

If the issue persists after following the troubleshooting assistant, continue with the steps below, testing to see if the issue is resolved after each section.

All the best,

Sterling

Feb 3, 2014 8:20 AM in response to ShanaChiiBaka

I have an Iphone 5 but dealt with a similar situation just this past week. I had a technician on the phone for hours trying to figure it out. I believe it may have had to do with a software update, but either way , we found the solution.

1. Go to device manager.

2. Go to portable devices.

3. Click on your portable device (iphone, ipad)

4. Select Driver

5. Update driver

I used this process on both my iphone and Ipad, both of which my computer wouldn't recognize, and everything returned to normal.

Hope this helps!

Coop

My Iphone won't sync with my computer.. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.