3 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 7:34 AM by David M Brewer
Antonio Machado Level 1 Level 1

Hi, I have a MAC PRO 10.8.2.

I just bought the Quicktime Pro from the Apple website.

Then I realized that the registration code can't be used in the Quicktime Player that's installed in my MAC and that I need to "Insert your Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard Install DVD". Then it will install the Quick player 7 so that I can install the Pro version.

What a problem because I'm traveling and I don't have this DVD. And I'll be traveling for months.

Is there any other way to install the software that I already paid for?

Another question: I'm new to MAC. I understand my MAC is Mountain Lion. Even though, the DVD that came with it is Snow Leopard?

Thank you

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
Solved by David M Brewer on May 2, 2013 7:34 AM Solved

The non-pro version has the save and export buttons grayed out. You can also check to make sure you have the pro version by going to the Quicktime menu... Quicktime Palyer 7... About Qucktime...

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 8.31.42 AM.png

• Niel Level 10 Level 10

1. Click here and download it.

2. Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion refer to different Mac OS X versions, not the computer's hardware.

(82010)

• Antonio Machado Level 1 Level 1

Oh, that was obvious. I read "insert DVD and thought this was the only way. I just downloaded it. Many thanks.

Now I filled the "registered to" "organization" and "registration code" fields. Nothing happens. There's no button to click, no link to go to.

That's it? Successful upgrade? What features should I check to know that it worked? I don't know anything about quicktime so I can't tell the difference from player 7 to player 7 Pro.

regards

Message was edited by: Antonio Machado

• David M Brewer Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.video
    Video

The non-pro version has the save and export buttons grayed out. You can also check to make sure you have the pro version by going to the Quicktime menu... Quicktime Palyer 7... About Qucktime...

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 8.31.42 AM.png