Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't install quicktime pro (traveling and don't have the DVD)

Hi, I have a MAC PRO 10.8.2.

I just bought the Quicktime Pro from the Apple website.

Then I realized that the registration code can't be used in the Quicktime Player that's installed in my MAC and that I need to "Insert your Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard Install DVD". Then it will install the Quick player 7 so that I can install the Pro version.

What a problem because I'm traveling and I don't have this DVD. And I'll be traveling for months.

Is there any other way to install the software that I already paid for?

Another question: I'm new to MAC. I understand my MAC is Mountain Lion. Even though, the DVD that came with it is Snow Leopard?

Thank you

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 1, 2013 8:57 PM

3 replies

May 1, 2013 9:52 PM in response to Niel

Oh, that was obvious. I read "insert DVD and thought this was the only way. I just downloaded it. Many thanks.

Now I filled the "registered to" "organization" and "registration code" fields. Nothing happens. There's no button to click, no link to go to.

That's it? Successful upgrade? What features should I check to know that it worked? I don't know anything about quicktime so I can't tell the difference from player 7 to player 7 Pro.

regards

Message was edited by: Antonio Machado

can't install quicktime pro (traveling and don't have the DVD)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.