Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime pro timelapse tips

Hi. I'm new to MAC, Quicktime and I want to start working with video for fun. I have a set of timelapse pics that I've already downloaded to iPhoto. There are around 100 pics. These pics are in an event that has other pics. I want very much to make a video of this sequence of pics.

I learned that there's an "import sequence" command in QTime.

I didn't find a way to import only the pics I want from the event. The best thing would be to create a new album in iPhoto and then use the import sequence command? Or should I export the pics from iPhoto to a folder in MAC and so on?

Since I have a feeling I'll start working with a large volume of files, I'd like to know what's the smartest way to manage them for making videos, maybe editing later, deleting and so on.

regards

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 2, 2013 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2013 5:09 AM

I didn't find a way to import only the pics I want from the event. The best thing would be to create a new album in iPhoto and then use the import sequence command? Or should I export the pics from iPhoto to a folder in MAC and so on?

Export the photos you want to use at the target dimensions desired to a separate folder. Then use the "Open Image Sequence" option to select the first image in your sequence and select an appropriate playback frame rate at which to load the entire sequence to the QT 7 Pro player.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2013 5:09 AM in response to Antonio Machado

Export the photos you want to use at the target dimensions desired to a separate folder. Then use the "Open Image Sequence" option to select the first image in your sequence and select an appropriate playback frame rate at which to load the entire sequence to the QT 7 Pro player.

User uploaded file

quicktime pro timelapse tips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.