Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If a carrier is not supported by Apple - what deos he have to do to get a properly signed IPCC file?

Hi,

one of the problems with unsupported carriers is that many iPhone settings (MMS center, APNs, voicemail settings) have to be set up manually

and some of them do not work at all.

This could be solved by loading an IPCC file (iPhone Carrier Configuration).

But in order to work - the file requires a digital signature (my presumption: from Apple).

How does a carrier obtain such a signature for their file?

Best regards,

Michal

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 1, 2013 11:57 PM

4 replies

May 4, 2013 12:19 AM in response to Michal_Ku

This is not Apple here, but users like you.

There would not be any IPCC file for unsupported carriers.

Michal_Ku wrote:

Hi,

.... unsupported carriers is that many iPhone settings (MMS center, APNs, voicemail settings) have to be set up manually

and some of them do not work at all.

Best regards,

Michal

There is no resolution for this.

Regards

May 19, 2016 10:26 AM in response to jamesfromhornsby

Hi,

Thank you for your reference.

I am sorry I don't have the required information. However, following may be found useful.

In my country there are large number of GSM operators. Out of all, only one is listed as 'Supported carrier'.

Apple themselves have established a large network of iPhone re-sellers in my country. These sell unlocked iPhones.

All iPhones, including those brought by foreign visitors to my country, provide flawless GSM services on unsupported carriers as well.

Only limitation is about LTE/3G/4G services which are country specific, and therefore, depend on the supported models of supported carriers.

In your case also same must be true. For GSM services, any unlocked iPhone will work.

And for LTE/3G/4G services, if network operator provides these, they should be in a position to advise which make/model to choose.

Hope it helps.

Best

If a carrier is not supported by Apple - what deos he have to do to get a properly signed IPCC file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.