Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Webdav issue Error 500...

I've recently installed Server on OS X 10.8, but I can't get webdav working.

After enabling webdav on some shared folder, it did work perfectly. But after I tried to secure the access only to selected users, I now get a Server error 500 and nothing appears anymore on the clients (Goodreader, Numbers on iPad, safari...).

Of course I tried to put the proper rights back, but no luck.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue? Or at least how to get to the proper log file (web server error logs don't show anything)...

Thanks a lot.

Yann

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Server, 10.8.3

Posted on May 2, 2013 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2013 4:24 AM

Launch Terminal.app from Applications > Utilities and have a look at /var/log/apache2/ directory. If you're still using the default names, then access_log and error_log are the files.

cd /var/log/apache2/

then some of the typical commands used here are:

ls

cat access_log

cat error_log

tail -n1000 access_log

tail -n1000 error_log

Also use the command sudo apachectl configtest to verify that the Apache configuration file syntax is OK, though it's somewhat unlikely that's wrong.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2013 4:24 AM in response to Yann C.

Launch Terminal.app from Applications > Utilities and have a look at /var/log/apache2/ directory. If you're still using the default names, then access_log and error_log are the files.

cd /var/log/apache2/

then some of the typical commands used here are:

ls

cat access_log

cat error_log

tail -n1000 access_log

tail -n1000 error_log

Also use the command sudo apachectl configtest to verify that the Apache configuration file syntax is OK, though it's somewhat unlikely that's wrong.

Webdav issue Error 500...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.