Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert FLASH for iBooks?

Hi,

How to convert FLASH files to add them into iBooks?

Could Compressor 4 convert .FLA to MP4 or other format that iBooksAuthor accept?

Thank you~

iBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 2, 2013 4:23 AM

6 replies

May 2, 2013 7:19 PM in response to gadgetgurl42

Thank you for the reply.

I created some Flash-files with Adobe Flash CS6, the target could be Flash player 5 ~ 11.2, AIR 2.5~3.2, Flash Lite 1 ~4.

About the HTML5, seems the HTML couldnt be protected by DRM, is it? If so, maybe its better to convert to MP4 or some other format.

Then what shoulh I do to add .FLA or .SWF to iBook?

Thanks

Ting

May 2, 2013 9:35 PM in response to QTing

The book, as far as I know, is protected by DRM if published to the iBookstore. I think it's irrelevant re. individual resources within the book. Not sure though.

.FLA is the working Flash file. It's similar to the .PSD file in Photoshop.

.SWF is what you'd normally export from Flash - i.e. the compressed animation.

What you'd put into an iBook is HTML5 - maybe a widget - not specifically either of the two default Flash file types.

May 2, 2013 10:39 PM in response to QTing

Did you contact Adobe Support to get advice on a converstion or dealing with HTML5? If not you should they are pretty good at sorting out what we lesser mortals see as mind bending problems.

Adobe Media Encoder appears to have the option you require, although I have never used it myself to convert a Flash file.

I have used it to convert the Flv files into MP4 which also gives convert options suitable for use on iPads and other gizmo's

Another ( in desperation ) way is use "Snagit" if you have it or a similar screen grabber that offers "movie recordings" - Run your Flash file and run the screen grab.. in video mode and the output is mp4.

I just tried it on a Google ad and its seems to work OK.

How to convert FLASH for iBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.