Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is idvd on my Macbook Pro?

I want to burn a project in iMovie on to a DVD.

My old Mac came with iDVD on it, but my new Macbook Pro doesn't seem to have iDVD.

iMovie still has the option of "Share --> iDVD" which I find strange...

What do I do/where can I get iDVD or a program to burn my movie on to a disc?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 2, 2013 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2013 6:18 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

Apple dropped iDVD and iWeb with the iLife '11 release and they are not been included in new computers. If you want iDVD, you have to buy iLife '09 or '11 on a DVD in Amazon or eBay and install iDVD on your computer. Then, open  > Software Update and install the most recent iDVD version. Doing this, you will be able to share the movie created in iMovie with iDVD

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2013 6:18 AM in response to BeeWoolf

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

Apple dropped iDVD and iWeb with the iLife '11 release and they are not been included in new computers. If you want iDVD, you have to buy iLife '09 or '11 on a DVD in Amazon or eBay and install iDVD on your computer. Then, open  > Software Update and install the most recent iDVD version. Doing this, you will be able to share the movie created in iMovie with iDVD

Where is idvd on my Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.