Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downgrade to snow leopard

hi There,

I recently upgraded to mountain lion from snow leopard and ever since my computer has been playing up.

Its slow and hangs on boot up not to mention incompatable software which is why i woiuld like to downgrade to snow leopard.

i have a quard core intel xeon mac pro. I bought i fresh copy of snow leopard to install. However it won't let me.

Either i press option key and it just spits it out of the dvd drive or when i have tried to boot up from start up i recieve a kernel panic.

I did back up an older version on super duper but that doesn't get past the blue screen even though i hae repaired the disk permisiions.

I cannot find my original mac pro disks although they would be tiger, however i do have one for my laptop would that work?

any ideas as have run out of them?

thanks

Mac Pro 2.8 Quad Core, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 10gb ram

Posted on May 2, 2013 7:37 AM

4 replies

May 2, 2013 7:55 AM in response to Braintree

Hi There

thanks for getting back Im not sure i follow as I have a few back ups.

I erased my original drie that came with the mac pro and i made i copy which i am running ML from.

In ML the snow leopard is not allowing meet to boot from it (xrossed out) and whenever i try and boot from it I get a kernel panic and have to reboot from my current drive.

downgrade to snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.