Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share a WiFi hotspot using AE?

I have the following hardware, which I had set up successfully at my previous premises for all devices to share the ADSL+ service.

* Apple Extreme Base Station (802.11N 3rd generation)

* Cisco LinkSys WRT150N Wireless router

* Ethernet cables

* Windows XP laptop, iPad, iPhone, MacBook

However, at my new apartment, the only internet access is via a WiFi hotspot-style service supplied by the apartment building owner. The WiFi service has no authentication - security is via a username/login screen when you try to access it. The problem is that only one device can connect to it at any one time.

I haven't had any luck trying to get this setup to share the WiFi service with my various devices. I note that this article (http://support.apple.com/kb/TA21385) says that it can be done (using only the Airport Extreme), but doesn't tell you how to do it. Can anyone help?

Airport Extreme-OTHER

Posted on May 2, 2013 10:29 AM

There are no replies.

How to share a WiFi hotspot using AE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.