4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 1:17 AM by léonie
Zeevkirshenboim Level 1 (0 points)

I delete photos from projects. Looking at the trash, it soes not display any photo. If I empty the trash it does it, telling how many photos are being deleted (=transferring to the Finder trash).

Any suggestions how to see the content of the Aperture trash?

MacBook Air
  • léonie Level 10 (90,569 points)

Do you have a filter set on the Trash?

Check the Search Field in the Browser, if it is set to "Showing All" or something different.

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 18.40.45.PNG

Unrated or better may be hiding "rejected" images.

If your search filter is cleared, but you still do not see any images, check for an invisible filter - see Frank Caggiano's User Tip:

Images not appearing in browser, search filter is cleared

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 (25,715 points)

If a filter is not set on the Trash I would run a library repair.

Hold the option and command keys down while starting Aperture. Select Repair library,

post back

• Zeevkirshenboim Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you.

I did not solve it. There was a filter set on the trash.

(However, please note that the correct command is not "Hold the option and command keys down while starting Aperture." but sitting on the library file in Finder and then clicking it while holding the option and command keys down.)

• léonie Level 10 (90,569 points)

However, please note that the correct command is not "Hold the option and command keys down while starting Aperture."

Both ways will work. Frank's answer is perfectly o.k., if you want to troubleshoot your current Aperture Library - the library you last used. Holding down the ⌥⌘-key combination while double-clicking the Aperture icon in the Dock or the Applications folder will launch into the Aperture Library First Aid dialogue, like this:

Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 10.11.20.png

And why should we assume, that your Trash problem is with an Aperture Library different from the one you last opened?

Regards

Léonie