Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain with 10.8.3 and SSD

has anyone noticed a battery drainage over 10.8.2 and 10.8.3, i got my macbook with 10.8.2 about a week ago and i took the stock HDD out and put in a 256gb ssd and reinstalled Mtn lion via a stock 10.8 DVD and then updated to 10.8.3 but my battery just does not seen as it shoudl. i loose about 1% every three to 5 minutes or (10% an hour) i would think i would get more battery. i am normally just doing light web browsing and word processing in class. i noticed my ssd was talking a lot of the swap. is that the reason. i orered more ram becuase i need it anyway but is that the cusae of should do i need to make another trip back to the apple sotre, BTW the battery reports normal with only 7 cycles on it. or i am just crazy and this seems normal...

Thanks ahead

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 2.3GHz i7 quad, 4gb ram

Posted on May 2, 2013 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2013 2:36 PM

that sems about right. the batteries are rated for 7 hours, so if your 10% per hour is true, your getting 10 hours which is abouve rating so you are above the advertised rating.

2 replies

May 3, 2013 2:59 PM in response to littlehawk4145

Hey thanks for responding, yeah, when you think about it it does. i did a test and went from 100 ( will, 99% by time i got to my classes ) to about 61% after 5 hours of class though not on the full time that's a combo of word processing and web and e-mail and sleep off and on.. i've seen many posts about poor battery after 10.8.3 so i am not going to jump the gun till 10.8.4 is off dev seed and in the real world for consumers.. i've also herd new batteries take time to show full potential I don't know if that is true or not

Thanks 🙂

Battery drain with 10.8.3 and SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.